McAlpine 1¼ Straight Through Anti-Syphon Trap X10V
McAlpine 1¼" Straight Through Anti-Syphon Trap X10V
The Mcalpine 1¼" Straight through anti-syphon trap is commonly used in bathrooms where the waste from the basin is suitated beneath the floor of the basin, the Mcalpine straight through anti-spyphon trap x10v will fit neatly behind the pedestal of the basin.
What is Anti-Syphon?
• By drawing air through the Valve, the Silentrap neutralises syphonic pressure before it reaches the seal of the Trap and therefore provides the equivalent of a ventilated system without the installation of costly and unsightly ventilation pipes
• The Silentrap has been most rigorously tested and will not unseal, even under the most abnormal conditions
• The Silentrap should continue to be effective irrespective of the distance between the appliance and the soil pipe
Whenever syphonic conditions develop, the negative pressure causes the Valve to rise, allowing air to be drawn into the discharge pipe. The pressure is thereby neutralised before it can have any effect on the water seal within the Trap. On cessation of the syphonic action, the Valve closes, making the Silentrap air and watertight
• The major advantage of the Silentrap over Resealing Traps is that because the air is drawn through the Valve and not through the water seal, gurgling is eliminated and a much quieter discharge is ensured
• Eliminates the need for secondary ventilation
• Silentrap Valves are available on a wide range of Bottle, Tubular and Bath Traps
Description: McAlpine 1¼" Straight Through Anti-Syphon Trap
Size: 1¼" (32mm waste pipe)
Anti Syphon: Yes
Water Seal: 75mm
Standard: EN 274-1:2002
Additional Info: Inlet and outlet connections are directly in-line allowing for neat plumbing behind pedestal basins.
McAlpine Product Code: X10V
Just for reference X10V is the McAlpine product code not the quantity.